Sunday 3 October 2010

Went to visit my Grandma and Granddad and Uncle Mick today.
Grandma's been in hospital recently, she had a heart attack a few months ago, and just been really ill, for several different reasons. But she seems better now, better than she was before she went into hospital, both physically and mentally. And Uncle Mick was up for the weekend to visit her and Ken, my step grandfather, who's normally abit of a twat, but he was ok today.
Also went to my Granddads grave. I hadn't been since the headstone was put up.
It's perfect. Granddad would approve definitely.
I love the line on the bottom.
"Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory."
It's perfect for Granddad, he was a amazing pianist, played in a Jazz band, and was extremely passionate about music.
Also, I met the cat that according to my mum and my auntie sits by Granddads grave alot. They reckon that its Becky, the cat that stayed with Granddad when Grandma moved out. She was really friendly, and came running over purring.
Granddads buried in the most beautiful graveyard, overlooking the sea.
On the day of his funeral in January, it was really stormy, it reminded me of a scene in Great Expectations, in the graveyard when Pip gives food to the escaped prisoner. It was a film I used to watch with Granddad when I was a kid.
On the day of his funeral, I though it was quite romantic in a way.
But every time I've been back since, the view from Granddads grave has been stunning, I think he's pulling some strings for me, because I take a photo every time.
It's easily one of my favourite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment