Saturday 26 February 2011

I just watched Leap Year.
None of this is actually about the film, although I loved it, that's not what I want to talk about.
But, because most of it is set in Ireland, it kind of reminded me of something.
Something I started planning about 18 months ago.
Basically the plan was;
  1. Pass driving test.
  2. Get car.
  3. Get ferry to Ireland.
  4. Explore.
I planned to spend as long as I wanted just traveling around Ireland, writing and taking photos.
It was going to be.. Just perfect. I was so excited to go.
I originally wanted to go around Europe, but I figured it might be better to do Ireland first, as it's smaller, the majority of people speak English, and it's not too far away so that my mother would be constantly worrying.

I suppose because I didn't pass my driving test first time or even fifth time, so I gave up on the idea, then I moved onto other ideas, other things I wanted to do.
But plans have fallen through since then, things have changed. But I still want to travel.
I've been feeling so restless lately. Like I'd hit a dead end.
I'd just spent most of today in tears. I've felt frustrated, confused and lost, because I'm turning 21 in under 6 months I feel like I should have a plan, I should know what I'm doing with my life by then. The people I went to school with are finishing university this summer, and have everything ahead of them, whereas I've spent the last few years just floating around with no real plan - something which I'm okay with, as long as I feel like I'm doing something. But I haven't been doing anything for 8 months now, and I just feel stuck and frustrated.

So, I think I may go back to my Ireland plan.

I'll book another driving test.
I think I might not do as planned and go to all the TBO tour date from London onwards, and instead just do Manchester, Cardiff and Hit The Deck festival, (or maybe I won't do Cardiff either, I'm not sure yet..) and save up the money I would have spent on doing London, Bournemouth, Falmouth, and Plymouth and put it towards going to Ireland instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment